23 February 2011

Month One-sies: Great Baby Shower Gift (Silhouette Project)

My BF here in St. Louis had a baby shower this past Saturday and I wanted to make something fun and special. Plus, she loves to take pictures so I thought this would be perfect. The idea is to have a one-sie for each month of the first year for the baby so you know how old they are in each picture.

Very easy, but time-consuming and much easier if you own a Silhouette or Cricut but you could take these into a shop that makes printed t-shirts too if you really wanted to do this.

First, get yourself some one-sies.
I bought packs that had three in them so I could do this:
 0-3 months= month 1, 2 & 3
 3-6 months=month 4, 5 & 6
6-9 months=month 7, 8 & 9
and 
9-12 months=month 10, 11 & 12

Order your Silhouette Heat Transfer in the color you want. She was having a girl so I did pink in the smooth heat transfer.

Wash your one-sies, pick your font, cut it out and starting ironing! Follow the directions closely on the packaging. Like I said, it takes a while for it to stick and I noticed it did better if the steam was on.

Here's some pics:

Here's all the one-sies...month 1-12.

Here's a closeup--I used the Mandingo font.

This is what I used for the 12 month, birthday one-sie

and here we are at the shower! So fun!!!
Congrats again, Meg!





5 comments:

  1. i LOVED this gift....it's such a GREAT idea!! thanks so much for taking the time to make them all, im super excited to use them! and thank you for helping my sisters out, the surprise party was so fun and so unexpected!!

    ps: horrible picture of me, YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would say that! I don't look too good myself either so don't worry...but I think you look great! :) This was a fun gift to make actually and I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This baby shower gift is really pretty. Thanks for sharing details. At domestic lofty spaces in Chicago I too will be attending a Girl baby shower. Was in need of some interesting DIY ideas and now I think nothing can be more fascinating than this one.

    ReplyDelete