01 February 2011

Free End Table Re-Do!

On my way to a friend's one day I saw this beautiful end table someone had out by the trash! I debated whether to take it but couldn't resist because I just loved the antique look of it.

Half way through my painting, I realized I hadn't taken a before picture! This is the drawer---the table was bright white with gold trim as well; very pretty but kinda cheesey. 

I decided to take a risk and just spray paint it. I cleaned it off and lightly sanded it and went for it. I used Rust-Oleum American Accents in Espresso brown. I would do a layer and let it dry...it took about 3 layers to get it all covered. I'm starting to prefer this brand over Krylon. I think it covers better and finishes off better too. This ended coming out better than I thought and doesn't look spray painted at all!! A nice, clean finish.

Here's the finished product--nothing amazing, but nice and simple. It took about 40 minutes if you count the drying time too. It's perfect because we needed another end table in our bedroom and I love it! I'm slowly re-doing our bedroom so ignore the lame decor---which means more fun posts to come (like pillows---I got some good ones!).


2 comments: