22 September 2010

Countdown blocks...

First saw this cute and easy project HERE 
supplies: 2x4, 4x4, spray paint, modge podge, scrapbook paper, fingernail file
I used 2x4 for the bottom 8" in length and 2 4x4 blocks 4" wide
sand, and round edges to your liking
than spray paint with whatever color you like...can make specific for a holiday
Block numbers: 0,1,2,3,4,5
                            0,1,2,6,7,8
use a font that is easy to read so that you can use your 6 as a 9
Cut scrapbook paper smaller than blocks
I used a cricut to cut out my numbers and countdown letters
Use rough fingernail file to destress the edges of the paper and numbers
Modge Podge the paper to the block, let dry
Than modge podge numbers on and over every side of the blocks
I used 2 different kinds of paper but you can use as many as you would like
I also put  the word 'countdown' on one side for an actual countdown
and the other side is blank so I can use it for a calendar
Enjoy....HAPPY CRAFTING

1 comment: