07 February 2013

Carseat Covers

I have two sister-in-laws having babies this spring, so I made carseat covers for them. The one on the right is supposed to be for a boy. The one on the left is supposed to be unisex, but it was so hard finding fabric that could go either girl or boy! I ended up thinking the mushrooms were a little girly, and the other was a little too boyish, but oh well. I love how they turned out either way.

 I found the pattern on Etsy. I love that it has a button front so you can peek in, but still keep the little ones covered if you want. Her pattern was great, but I made a few changes. She used Grossgrain ribbon everywhere, but I decided to pipe it. I'm getting more confident with my piping skills. For the red one, I made my own bias tape and covered store-bought piping to make it a little more special. (Thanks to my sister for the idea)

 Buttons! Sometimes it's the embellishments that end up costing the most. 


Hope they liked it. This was a relatively simple pattern, so if you're a beginner, this might be a great start.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Made me a little less neurotic being out on public with all those germs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog has been neglected for too long. Thanks Mary for opening it back up again....these are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete