29 September 2011

Alphabet Banner

I want the play area in our house to have a schoolroom-like atmosphere, so of course we needed the alphabet displayed.

There is something about felt that gets me creative. I don't know what it is, but when I pull that stuff out, my mind goes crazy with ideas.

I started by cutting the letters freehand. The first few I traced, but that was way too labor-intensive and unnecessary.

I used a simple, rustic looking fabric for the background, and used a contrasting thread (red) to outline the letters and hem the fabric.

My girl was playing stepping stones on the letters, saying each one (that she knows) as she went....
then my little boy was driving his cars on it, as if it was a road...
so now I am thinking up new projects along these lines that the kids could play with.



No comments:

Post a Comment