08 November 2010

Drab to Fab: Painted Fake Flowers

I've heard of people buying old flower-y wreaths at thrift stores, spray painting them completely and re-vamping them so when I saw this cute this bundle of flowers I instantly thought---RE DO!

Here is the before pictures. The "vase" was a peachy color and the flowers were white with hot pink splotches. Yikes! Yeah, that's my little boy in the background-ain't he cute?

The finished product. I painted the vase an antique white and the flowers a honey dew melon green. To cover the flowers I had to use a hearty amount of paint and dab it on with a sponge brush. It covered well and turned out super cute! 

6 comments:

  1. cute. REally good idea. Where are some silhouette projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously?!! That is so cute! I want to do one!! Did you just use regular craft paint? Do you think spray paint would work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered some vinyl for the Silhouette to make this Thanksgiving project and am waiting for that to come. HA! I've made a lot of cards...its so great. I've been pretty busy so the crafting has been put on the back burner for a bit. And Tina, I'd use craft paint because you had to dab in into the flowers to make sure they are all covered. Easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the green! i wouldn't have even thought of doing it that color...

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can paint flowers? seriously learn something new every day.

    ReplyDelete