15 November 2010

Drab to Fab: Bathroom Redo

 Our house doesn't need much re-doing (thank goodness!) but there are a few little things that need updating...which is fun! So, this past week I worked on giving our bathroom a little more personality and had to get rid of those horrible sliding doors to our shower.
See here: 
I had taken the doors off before I remembered to take a picture and there was no way I was going to put them back on! So use your imagination.

There was a big mirror on this wall (imagine this too) that took up the whole wall. I liked it at first but then after a while it got kinda old, and we decided to put up a smaller, framed mirror.


This is the bathroom in our bedroom, see the big mirror (and the mess)? Imagine this lined in black in the other bathroom. Not bad, but a little outdated. This bathroom/our bedroom is my next project-ha...whenever I get to it!

Final Pictures:
Put up a fun and funky shower curtain found on amazon.com (the room was already painted red when we bought the house---loved it).


Add in the framed mirror and a few little touches. This isn't the biggest bathroom so there isn't much room for loads of decorations.

This is a super easy craft. I took an old frame and cut out some vinyl with my Silhouette, applied it to the glass, left the back of the frame out, hot glued some ribbon on...and done! Got the idea from Hobby Lobby.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea, with the frame! And I love the bathroom!! Definitely the red paint! You did awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, It turned out so cute. I love the shower curtain with the red walls and your framed words are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute. still jealous of your silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new look for the bathroom. Those sliding doors are always a pain, especially for bathing your kids. It's nice you have your own house to fix up, I feel like we only have so many options with a rental. But it looks really good.

    ReplyDelete