29 December 2012

Loopy Squares

I finally made a quilt for my parents. Long overdue. All the fabric was from the same line, so I thought squares would be fun. A few cutting errors later, squares became rectangles. Happy accident I suppose.

My husband says the strip down the back is my "signature." In reality I'm usually scrimping on fabric so I have to add a strip somewhere :)

This was my first go at loopy quilting like this. I originally saw the idea here. It was so fun. I used the seams on the front as my guide. If you're not super confident with stippling yet, I thought these loops would be a great way to ease into free-motion.

Striped binding, of course. I love this Dick and Jane fabric too. I've been holding on to it for years. My mom said it was fun because that what they grew up with. 

 Off to a good home.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! fabulous job! such a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this quilt! And that Dick and Jane fabric is so awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete